Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yellowstone!

So this weekend Billy and I zoomed up to Yellowstone with his parents and little brother Chase. It was amazing and it was the first time for both chase and me. We had tons of fun and took lots
of amazing pics so here they are!

Mesa Falls....Gorgeous!






































Earthquake Lake...sad story...the lake was caused by a 7.5 quake in the middle of the night....swept away campers and homes...























We love Chase!


Amazing Hot Pots














So I guess the bright colors are caused by bacterial growth in the hot pot pools...amazing














This is from the Old Faithful inn so pretty inside!



















Where the run off from the hot pots flows into the river....














More fun pots















The water was so blue it was beautiful and quite tempting, I really wanted to get in...but the thought of being burned alive kept my feet on the walkway :)

Old Faithfull!



















Mud Pots...the bubbles aren't from heat they are from some sort of creature that lives in there and creates some sort of acid...wierd....

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! I am jealous! We will have to take a trip up there forsure. I am glad you guys are able to do so many fun trips. Being so close to Bill and Teresa makes it fun for you. I love you and Billy and can't wait to see you next week. Yae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Mesa Falls :) I haven't been to Yellowstone yet but I wanna go, especially after seeing your pictures! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love the Bush family! It looks like you guys had tons of fun. And I'm glad you didn't fall into any of the hot pools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I love the blog..so cute! now we can be blog nerds! Great pics of yellowstone!

    ReplyDelete

Our ScrapBook...